Family planning is a major component of reproductive and child health services. The goal of the Family Planning Program is contribute to improved sexual and reproductive health, social and economic wellbeing of women, men, adolescents and children including newborns, through provision of quality family planning services.
Objectives of the program are as follows:
- To ensure availability of adequate contraceptive commodities and functioning logistics system;
- To ensure that service providers in the health sector have the necessary family planning (FP) clinical skills for effective delivery integrated family planning services;
- To increase the visibility and support for FP among government leaders and development partners, program managers, service providers, and raise community awareness;
- To increase access and utilization of quality, affordable and sustainable family planning services;
- To strengthen family planning management systems and monitoring and evaluation, to ensure effective program implementation.
A healthy and well informed Tanzanian population with access to quality reproductive and child health services which are affordable, sustainable and provided through an efficient and effective support system.
To promote, facilitate and support in an integrated manner, delivery of comprehensive reproductive and child health services to men, women, adolescents and children in Tanzania.